[oletrucks] woops - I sanded the windshield glass

To: "Old-Chevy-Truck \(E-mail\)" <old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: [oletrucks] woops - I sanded the windshield glass
From: "Jim House" <jhouse@ccsol.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 17:36:05 -0400
Well in another famous what can I do in an hour - I decided to sand and
paint the crank out windshield in the 46.  I did not mask off or tape - just
fired up the sander and went after the rusty medal.  Well not thinking the
spinning pad touched the glass (in 2 spots) and now the glass has a few
scratches in it.  I was using 150 grit paper.  Before I go to far, it was
masked primed then painted and came out great.  On the down side the paint
faded from last year, so maybe I need to repaint the whole thing (another 5
cans or Rustoloum).  This is all just a temp cover until I can do it
correctly (est. 2003).

Back to the question.  Is there a rubbing compound or something I can use to
get the scratches out of the glass?  Once again I am learning on the job.

Thanks,
NHJim