Re: [oletrucks] Wheel grease on rear bearings

To: "Mike the Langman" <langman10@hotmail.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Wheel grease on rear bearings
From: "Gary L Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 12:43:30 -0500
Yes, grease them on assembly, don't need a whole lot, need enough to get
them lubed till rear oil splashes their way to lube. On seals, They make
driver kits for those, not cheap. Most don't go that big and have to buy
seperate from a kit. Just go to smaller parts house and get one you need and
handle. Secret is to line up straight before hitting to start. Can use a
good oak board sometimes. Tappinng in with hammer at edges will eventually
bend and hurt them. Too small of hammer will be bad too, believe it or not.
Need good "solid" hits, not wimpy taps with say 12 oz hammer. I like to use
16oz or 20 oz for bigger seals. Good Luck.

G. L. Perry
Huntington, IN 46750
50 Chevy COE (project)
55 GMC COE (project)