[oletrucks] need answeres, wiper motor and dash light.

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] need answeres, wiper motor and dash light.
From: "Brian _" <pkupman57@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 16:16:13 -0700
hi all,
ive emailed the list twice asking about a light that was under the dash in
my '57, but got no replys... again, its a small, tear drop shaped light,
with a glass doam and galvanized metal "bucket" its got a single bulb in it
with a very large, for the bulb wire going to it. it was on the drivers side
at the far left corner of the dash, my questions are, is this original? and
if so, is it rare, because ive never seen one, even my neighbors 99% stock
and original '56 GMC deluxe doesnt have one of these.

  another question i have is, can the electric wiper motor for a '57 get
wet? i ask becuase mine is covered with dust,dirt, and grease from some PO
lubing it, and id like to degrease it with degreaser and water without
taking it all apart, it works, i took it out to paint the underside of my
dash white to help with wireing, so i dont want to ruin it.

also, just becuase im curious, is it possible to take the dash out of a TF
truck without cutting or welding?

thanks in ADvance.

Brian M
Atwater, CA