[oletrucks] OD cable

To: old-chevy-truck@egroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] OD cable
From: MKlepp4335@cs.com
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 12:40:40 EDT
Some group members have installed 3 speed OD transmissions in their trucks
for better road speed and reduced engine RPM.  One of the hard to find parts
is the T-handle cable for the OD control.  While on vacation (helping my
son-in-law with his Z-28) I went to a NAPA store in Illinois.  While waiting
my turn, I spotted the exact cable I needed hanging on the wall!  It is
nicely done in chrome, but without any inscription on the handle.  It is
available in 7 ft or 9 ft in either locking or non-locking form.  I chose the
9 ft non-locking.  It was $18 plus tax.  Check them out, NAPA comes through
again.

Mike Klepp
'48 3100
Wichita Falls, TX