Re: [oletrucks] tap and dye's 55TF

To: "Tom" <tomntam@earthlink.net>, "Oletrucks"
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] tap and dye's 55TF
From: dcvjrv@covad.net
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 22:17:41 -0400
Tom,

I am sure that someone will give you a website to go to that will give you
all the data, but most tap and die sets have a chart with them that gives
the appropriate drill and tap size for each given screw or bolt size.  Give
me the bolt size (such as 5/16-32tpi) and I will give you the tap and drill
size.

Jim V.

At 09:36 PM 6/8/01 Friday, Tom wrote:
>I have a 55TF and I need to drill out and tap the seat mounting boltholes
>out. I'm not sure what size tap to use, nor what size drill bit to drill it
>out with.  So my question is this.
>Does anyone know of a site that will help out with drill sizes for using tap
>and dye sets?  Or is there a rule of thumb for what size hole to drill to
>tap a hole?
>I hope this post makes since.
>                 Thanks
>Tom  55TF
>
>1997 -2000 Racing Seasons
>http://home.earthlink.net/~tomntam/index.html
>Don't crush em, restore em!!

Jim V.
1958 GMC Suburban Carrier Pickup (Cameo style) - V8 Hydramatic
http://www.angelfire.lycos.com/mi2/jrvvehicles
dcvjrv@covad.net