[oletrucks] Re: trucks for movies

To: MKlepp4335@cs.com
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: trucks for movies
From: mark@noakes.com
Date: 14 Jun 2001 10:52:37 -0700
Agreed that no one should just be trusted with our hardware...does anyone know
anything about the requesting company?  If it's legit, it could be fun.  I
don't have anything that would work for what they want, but my brother's 57
unrestored original would be a good fit.

Brian and his 57 were extras in an Ally Sheedy movie made in the late 80's.
Don't remember the movie name but it was about social unrest in early 60's
Mississippi; as far as I can tell, the movie was a dud.  (The only movie I
remember that Ally Sheedy was in was Short Circuit.)

Brian got to drive the truck around in the background, and it was used for
several scenes (that later got cut) where it was a centerpiece.  They didn't
abuse the truck at all.  At the time he had custom wheels and tires on it and
they asked that he put it back stock...which he did...and he's never changed it
since.

Remember a few years back when the list was pinged in similar fashion about
available old Suburbans?  GM made a run of old/new Suburban commercials after
that.  Not sure if the two events were connected but it's likely.

I wouldn't loan a truck, but maybe direct involvement would be ok.

PS--No truck progress these days; taking time off w/o pay studying for the PhD
qualifiers this fall so no time and no cash flow...rats!

Mark Noakes
58/56 Chevy Suburban
59 GMC Suburban
Knoxville, TN