[oletrucks] Positraction unit

To: "Oletrucks (E-mail)" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Positraction unit
From: Carlos Madero <cmadero@flavorite.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 10:07:08 -0500
Greetings to all,
I have a positraction / limited-slip unit that I was told came from a
mid-'80 Chevy pickup, and I need help identifying it / verifying whether it
will work in the '73 Nova rear axle in my '53 truck.

This is what I can tell of the unit;
7 5/8" wide
The flange where the ring mounts (10 bolts) is 7 <" diameter
On the end opposite of the ring flange, the following codes can be seen; 13
H   04-6   Y O
The axle opening on the ring side has 29 splines, on the opposite end there
are 29 splines but one of them is about twice as wide as the other 28.  This
appears to be by design, it does not look like anything is damaged.

This is my first experience with positraction units, so any help / guidance
will be much appreciated.

Carlos F. Madero
'53 3100