[oletrucks] Oletruckers Global Network

To: "Trucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Oletruckers Global Network
From: "Terry Beynon" <tbeynon@dsl.telocity.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 10:56:32 -0500
I set up a group for the express purpose of creating a useful database as
people travel and see more about who they've been talking to. I'm going to
set up a database much like what Jeff Nelson did a couple of years ago. The
only rules are this: I control the members. The thinking was that the
information you post is somewhat sensitive and you have to be a member to
view it. I really don't know if this will work and if it's a bum idea it
didn't cost anything. I've worked on a form that writes to a database on my
server but I can't put all the pieces together (e.g. Perl, IIS, HTML, etc.)
Again the purpose is to enter data IF you want to help a fellow trucker
while he is traveling. I'm only in it for the database.  This is not to
compete with the listserver we all have come to know and respect (thanks
Miq) or to compete with a similar group set up by Rob for the purists. I
don't anticipate any other use for this "group" except for the database.

Terry Beynon
55-1 3100
51 Suburban
www.beynon.net/terry.html