RE: [oletrucks] 283 with T350

To: "Trucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] 283 with T350
From: "Mike " <passnb4u@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 10:20:28 -0700
It'll bolt up, but you'll need to do a few things though..

  You should run the newer style motor mounts, I'm pretty sure
the 283 has the provisions for them, and you'll have to fabricate, buy, etc a
rear tranny crossmember support.  The TH350 won't have bellhousing supports
like your tranny does now, and needs suppports at the rear...and when you do
this, it's not a good idea to use the front motor mounts that originally are on
the truck.  Too much space between mounts.