Re: [oletrucks] 350 Turbo

To: "Tom" <tomntam@earthlink.net>, "Oletrucks"
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 350 Turbo
From: Bob Fischer <bfischer@utm.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 18:36:03 -0700
Hi Tom,

>How difficult is it to change the seal that goes around the stud that the
>shifter linkage bolts to?

The good news, it isn't hard, just an "O" ring on the shaft protruding out
the side of the tranny.

>I have pretty good access to the seal, however not
>excellent access, but I can get the pan off rather easily.

The (somewhat) bad news, yes you have to drop the pan to get at it from the
inside. If the tranny hasn't been serviced for a while, good time to change
the filter/fluid.

"Nothin lasts forever except old Fords and a natural stone" - Willie Nelson

http://home.utm.net/bfischer      e-mail -->bfischer@utm.net