[oletrucks] F glass headliners

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] F glass headliners
From: "A&LQuin" <Alan_Quin@telus.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 19:15:16 -0700
Hi truckers
        re your conversations about the merits of one piece FG
headliners and
door panels. I considered ordering one of the one piece head liners at
one time. But I would like to cut it in to two pieces to fit like the
original with the floating center retainer and the bar which screws into
the roof above windows. I can't afford to risk wrecking the one piece so
I have lived with cardboard,not happily. When I encountered the moisture
warping the cardboard door panels I did this. Use door skin thin
plywood, taper the edge all the way around and glue on the naughahide of
whatever color or pattern matches best,punch holes for screws handles
etc. to fit your metal edge and install. Mine's been on fifteen years,
no warp and easy to clean with armourall.Look at my web site at
http://sites.netscape.net/alanquin/homepage