RE: [oletrucks] Carbon buildup removal ?

To: "Rob J." <rjjmsj@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Carbon buildup removal ?
From: "Tom" <tomntam@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 16:21:20 -0400
I saw mechanic at a Chevy dealership I worked at in 1974 use ATF on a
Corvette. The engine was knocking real bad and he took it outside and poured
ATF in the carb as he ran it at pretty high rpms. After a minute or so you
could hear the engine getting quieter, although it smoked really, really bad
for a while afterwards but eventually cleared up and no more knocking. He
said there was carbon built up on the valves and the ATF got rid of it.  I
also heard of the water idea to but never saw it done.  I would think there
would be some type of product that would do the same thing.
        Let us know how you decide to do it and the results.
                Tom  55 2nd TF

1997 -2000 Racing Seasons
http://home.earthlink.net/~tomntam/index.html
Don't crush em, restore em!!