[oletrucks] How to remove interior trim

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] How to remove interior trim
From: "Bob Chansler" <rchansle@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 13:10:25 -0600
In my 49 'burb there are metal trim pieces around the inside of the rear
wheel wells. They are L shaped pieces that finish off the floor. There are
about 10 carriage bolts attaching the trim to the floor. I have removed all
the bolts, but the pieces won't budge. I tapped a putty knife under the
edges around the floor, but these things are real tight. Anybody with an AD
'burb know how to remove these? I don't want to damage them too much
getting them off. I need to get them out of the way to repair the sheet
metal underneath them.

Another question...whats's the best way to get undercoating off. On the
frame, I'm tempted to remove the loose stuff with a putty knife and paint
over the rest. Someone suggested a propane torch and a putty knife on the
underside of the fenders.

Bob Chansler