[oletrucks] Need help for newer chevy truck

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Need help for newer chevy truck
From: Byron Schluter <b_schluter@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 00:01:15 -0700 (PDT)
Hey all ole truckers,

I was reading a posting about Vintage Air and it got
me to thinking, there are a lot of very knowledgeable
folks on the list that might have an answer to my
question.

I own a 1984 Chevy Silverado 3/4ton with all the bells
and whistles.  The air conditioning compressor just
seized up last week(original unit).  The system has
never been upgraded to use R134A.  What I'm trying to
find out is what is required to update my system for
the new refrigerent.  I recently moved from Spokane WA
to Petaluma CA.  We've had an unusually warm early
summer so far and of course the a.c. went out on one
of the hottest days we've had.  I would like to get
the system working again.  Besides replacing the
compressor what other components need to be upgraded
or replaced.  Any information would be helpful.

Thanks,

Byron Schluter
1984 Silverado
Hope to be owner of 47-54 Chevy/GMC(soon?)
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/