Re: [oletrucks] ..headed for the crusher....

To: AKBurke <ajkburke@msn.com>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] ..headed for the crusher....
From: Rick Warren <bluu55@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 16:54:31 -0700 (PDT)
 Andy, do the hubcaps look like they might be for the '54/'55 1st AD's? Check
out my webpage and down toward the bottom is a picture of mine. If they are,
you better snatch those up! They are rare and hard to come by! I might even be
interested in a couple of them if they are the right ones! Here's my URL:
http://www.expage.com/oldbluu    Thanks.
Rick W.
'55 1st 3100
White Heath, IL.

  AKBurke <ajkburke@msn.com> wrote: Today, I got word through the grapevive
that there was a AD truck in
the local yard...headed for the crusher....so I stopped on the way
home and took a look. The guy said that someone 'dumped' it in their
yard overnight....it's just a cab and frame mostly...no driveline, no
running gear...will be crushed on Tuesday...pretty much should be
crushed...except....

There's a perfectly good gas tank....seat frame (no cushions)....dash
gauges (faded)...bumpers (3?)...and stailess trim for the doors
(that's mine fellas)...there's a windshield divider stainless in great
shape...and five hubcaps in almost pristine condition (they're white
with a blue bowtie within a bowtie...never seen any like 'em before).

I spayed the wasps (after getting stung twice...we're even now!)...and
I'm going back in the morning to get my parts...if anyone wants any of
the rest lemmeno...soon!!....the guy is very reasonable (as long as
I'm pulling the parts)....but the crusher awaits....

parts anyone??
-Andy
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/