[oletrucks] '55 1st rear axle offset?

Subject: [oletrucks] '55 1st rear axle offset?
From: "Mark A. Self" <mark.self@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 06:24:43 -0700
I've read here, and other places, that to make an AD look right you need to
offset the rear axle to center it in the wheel well.  I measured and
measured and came up with a distance of 2'.  When I set the axle in the
wheel well, it looked nearly prefect front to rear.  But, this wheel well
isn't radiused, it looks kind of eliptical, or something.  What kind of
offset have you guys used or seen used?  I kinda think it looks better in
stock position.