[oletrucks] Introduction and Truck Sighting

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Introduction and Truck Sighting
From: "Mike Bodnar" <mike_bodnar@checkcare.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 11:17:28 -0400
Hello everyone. I've been on the list for some time now enjoying all of the
information and have decided that I should be participating. I haven't had
much of a  need to ask too many questions because someone always seems to
have a similar question and gets a prompt response.
I have a 55 2'nd series still mostly original with the rust in the usual
places and have already purchased some of the patch panels for the drivers
side as it is in the worst shape. The body is pretty straight and looks like
it has never been wrecked as it has the original paint, although worn
through with surface rust where the paint is missing. The only problem
though is that a previous owner hacked holes in the sides of the front and
rear fenders, about 6 inches long, to install some really ugly teardrop
shaped chrome pieces with red plastic inserts. Chrome from I don't know what
kind of car was also installed on the tops of the front fenders and on the
hood leaving large holes needing to be filled. The dash was also hacked up
for a radio. It still has a running 235 with a three speed on the column.
Now for the truck sighting. I saw a very nice green 57 w/big back window,
headed north on Manchester Expressway Sunday evening in Columbus Ga. and was
just wondering if it belonged to anyone on the list. By the way I live in
Midland Ga. which is right outside of Columbus so if anyone else in the area
is on the list I would appreciate you letting me know.

Mike Bodnar
55 2'nd
53 Willys Station Wagon
76 Chevy Truck