Re: [oletrucks] ?'s about electric speedo hook up

To: <RobXR250@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] ?'s about electric speedo hook up
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 06:45:34 -0700
If you have the 86 Firebird column then you have the two plastic connectors
that plug into the contacts down on the column.  Just turn the key to the
Acc Position and take a test light and probe the wires on at a time until
you find the one that's hot.  Then shut the key off and make sure it doesn't
have juice so you know it's the acc terminal and you are not on the Bat
"full time hot" terminal.

You can either splice into that wire to make the connection or remove the
wire from the plastic connector and twist the two wires together and install
a new metal connector to snap into the plastic connector.

Joe