[oletrucks] tail lights

To: oletrucks oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] tail lights
From: Ben Bennett <greyhawk200@att.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 08:52:45 -0700
Well I ended up getting one of those taillight converters.
Remember? The thing that lets you use the same filament for turn
and stop. The thing I built didn't work out... I won't waste BW
with details, besides I'm a little embarrassed ... Here are the
instructions that came with it. They even have a web page
<www.trailertwiring.com> The name of the outfit that makes it is
Hoppy. It was $13.00.
INSTRUCTIONS
1.      Choose an installation location at the rear of the vehicle or
inside trunk where the converter will be protected. Avoid
exhaust         system, shock absorbers and drive train.

2.      Match the "car side" color wire on the converter with the SAME
FUNCTION wire on the tow vehicle.

3.      Attach the remaining wires labeled "trailer side" on the
converter to a vehicle side connector of choice.

4.      Plug into trailer and check the lighting system for proper
operation.

5.      Remove liner from the tape on the back of the converter and
fasten it to any flat surface. Surface must be dean, free of dirt,
grease         or undercoat.

NOTE: A heavy duty flasher may be needed to eliminate rapid
flashing.

--
Ben Bennett
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell