RE: [oletrucks] Parts Removal

To: "'Jim Wilkerson'" <Jim.Wilkerson@sas.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Parts Removal
From: "Armijo, Manuel L" <manuel.l.armijo@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 13:34:09 -0700
        After drilling (or trying to), and burning my arms with the hot
chips, I went down to Home Depot, and bought a compressor and air chisel.
Now I chisel them off, and then push them through with a punch tool.  Some
are easier than others.  I recently knocked the tranny crossmember out, and
some of the rivets were not pressed in firmly, so I could only knock them
out partway.  I finished by taking off the brake bracket which has one big
bolt through the frame, then knocked the crossmember out with a crow bar,
had to pry it loose to clear the rivets from the frame...sounds easy, but i
was sweating and tired by the time i was done.  The crossmember was flung
out the garage door onto the dirt!  I felt bad about throwing it out
afterward, then I brushed it off and put it neatly in the back yard off the
ground.

What did I learn from this?  Air chisel good.  Bad quality chisel bad, had
to sharpen much too much.  Taking a water break good.  Ear plugs very good.
Flinging x-member out back door bad...(could have killed dog).

next--waiting on m/c brake bracket from pickupsnw...waiting a month now.
They say they are waiting for them...not in stock...bad....     currently
mounting prop. valve on frame between rear shock mount and cab, plumbing all
i can until the m/c mount arrives...when?  I dunno, cuz they don't know...

that's all for now..
manuel.