Re: [oletrucks] installing glass

To: kmm1024@hotmail.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] installing glass
From: MKlepp4335@cs.com
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 19:36:13 EDT
Kevin,
   I made my corner window rubber good and tight also and experienced the
same type problems with the locking bead.  I found mild dishwashing soap in
the locking bead groove and all over the locking bead to be very helpful.  I
filed out the opening in the "special tool" and kept it soaped up too.  That
seemed to help a lot.  My first corner window took about 3 hours over two
days, the second corner in an hour and the large back window about 20
minutes.  I guess the technique improves as you do each one.  Many of today's
glass shops have the same problems or won't even tackle the old stuff.

Mike Klepp
'48 3100
Wichita Falls, TX