[oletrucks] 4 link suspension? leaf donor vehicles

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 4 link suspension? leaf donor vehicles
From: "Kevin Morisette" <kmm1024@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 17:24:53 -0700
What are your opinions on 4 or 5 link rear suspension?  I saw it for A.D.
trucks at Progressive Automotive's website
(http://www.progressiveautomotive.com/triangul.htm).  It looks like it
wouldn't carry as much weight as heavy duty leaf springs by looking at the
coil over shock springs.  Also, with all of the bars connected to the
rearend, it looks like it would limit it's travel somewhat.  Are these
setups mainly for drag racing, etc. where you don't need to carry heavy
loads and need the rearend to not move (twist under acceleration, side to
side, etc)?

I'll probably go the leaf spring route... I need to find a donor vehicle,
maybe a later model 1/2 ton chevy truck?  I want to be able to support
trailers, so maybe 500lb on the back of the truck.

Thanks for all your guy's help on the list.