[oletrucks] 6v or 12 v

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 6v or 12 v
From: "Mac Kinghorn" <kinghorn@granite.mb.ca>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 23:16:47 -0500
If you are in a dilemma over this don't even think twice.  GO FOR THE 12
VOLT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Change everything electrical, including the generator and regulator, over to
12 volt.  Change all bulbs and get a voltage drop for the gas gauge.  Also
change the heater motor.  You don't have to change the starter.  It is more
than heavy enough to take the 12 volts for a long, long time.  If you look
at the 6 and 12 volt starters they are physically identical.  The 12 volt
starter would be off of a 55 or later task force six and the starter drive
is different so it won't work on the older motor.  You will not regret the
change over.  The engine will start easier, light will be brighter and
electrical parts such as lights will be a lot easier to find.  I have change
mine over and consider it to be one of the best things that I have done.

Hope this helps

Mac