Re: [oletrucks] Using stepside fenders under flatbed?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Using stepside fenders under flatbed?
From: DFloyd818@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 00:31:39 EDT
In a message dated 8/27/01 8:14:07 AM, 59gmc@bigriverbroadcasting.com writes:

<< Has anybody ever seen a LWB/flatbed 1/2 ton TF truck with original stepside
rear fenders modified to fit under the bed?  I'm thinking of trying it on my
'59 GMC 100, but haven't mocked up the idea in the computer yet.  Any other
suggestions on how to dress up that area?  I think that's the truck's visual
"weakest link". >>

Interesting idea.  I know a guy who was talking about taking an extra set of
front fenders for an Art Deco truck and configuring them to use under the
flatbed of his
2-ton truck.  It should carry out the Art Deco, streamlined look of the
vehicle rather nicely.  The same treatment should work with the TF series as
well, might be even easier to accomplish since the TF fenders are squarish
compared to the '41-'46 fenders.

Regards,
David Floyd
'36 International COE flatbed