[oletrucks] Chasis Tech fron clip....

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Chasis Tech fron clip....
From: "AKBurke" <ajkburke@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 21:54:05 -0600
I saw the article on the Chasis Tech front clip installation on a TF
in Classic Truck and was intrigued. It somehow seemed more precise
than a camaro/nova clip (what was appealing) and also offered a
solution to the need for fabrication for the radiator and fender
supports.  However, when I inquired about price I found it it was
$1395 for a AD clip  which takes the front suspension pieces for the
GM 'G' body cars...malibu/monte carlo/grand prix...($50 more to take
the larger caprice/impala spindles/brakes).  I like the concept but
the execution seems a little expensive. Why can't someone simply
make/sell some boxing plates and a cross memeber to support this GM
IFS geometry (like Heidt's et al does for the Pinto/Mustang II)...or
does someone already do this??