[oletrucks] 4x4 conversion revisited

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 4x4 conversion revisited
From: Rich Hampton <rhampton@j2llc.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 08:21:05 -0600
I searched the archives for information regarding the conversion of 55-59
trucks to four wheel drive using the stock chassis and newer (73-87) running
gear, due to lack of NAPCO parts.  What I found is that there seems to be a
good deal of interest but little useful information.

I am in the midst of a ground-up restoration/conversion of my '57 3100 and
was looking for some shortcuts that may have already been pioneered.  This
doesn't seem to be panning out so I am willing to do this:  In the process of
my conversion, I'll generate designs and CAD drawings for all adapters that I
need to do the job so that they may be reproduced.  I'll then machine the
parts and put together a "kit".  This kit will be specific to my conversion
but it should cover a number of components from the '70s and '80s.

Is there any interest in this?  More kits=cheaper.

--
Rich Hampton