[oletrucks] '55 4x4 for sale

To: "Oletrucks List" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] '55 4x4 for sale
From: "John Van Vuren" <veedublu@prod.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 01:09:31 -0600
Hi all,

I hate to do it, but I need to sell my '55 longbox.  It's been converted to
four wheel drive (not Napco stuff, so purists can stop reading here)

396 big block engine (high performance passenger engine from '66 to '68
Chevelle)
TH400 automatic tranny
NP205 transfer case
Dana 44 front axle
GM 12 bolt rear axle (both with 3.73 gears)
brand new 33" tires on aluminum wheels

Truck has power steering and power disc brakes (converted to a hanging brake
pedal).  Also has cool stuff like a front swaybar, under-bed fuel tank, '57
hood, dual exhaust, etc

Nice interior with new carpet and seats, tilt column, aftermarket steering
wheel, glossy black dash, etc.

Body is in yellow primer, and has some filler in it.  Cab is solid, I would
suggest replacing front fenders and possibly the driver's door (no rust, but
lots of filler in these parts)

Truck runs and drives great, and is very reliable and holds it's own in the
occasional stoplight war   :)

Located in Colorado Springs, Colorado.  I can possibly deliver for a
reasonable fee, especially in the general direction of Wisconsin (taking a
trip there soon)

Asking price is $7000.  Pictures will be available soon, please email me
off-list if you're interested

Thanks for your time!

John