Re: [oletrucks] Mileage...Mopar A-833 tranny w/OD for

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Mileage...Mopar A-833 tranny w/OD for
From: GremlinGTs@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 07:03:21 EDT
    I'll mention this again, an article was d0ne earlier this year in a
magazine about installing a Mopar 4-speed OD trans into a Chevy truck, it is
from the early '70's A-body cars ( Dart, etc. ). The trans is a virtual
bolt-in, using the Chevy bell housing, only the front bearing housing needs
some machining work, or you can buy a different one to make it fit. Anyway,
that way you don't need to replace the whole rear end or gears. Go check the
Ole-trucks archives , about 6 months ago, I think I sent it out, or I can try
to find the magazine again in my stash. :0  . Goodluck!

Jerry