[oletrucks] Frame for 51 Chevy Panel

To: "'oletrucks@autox.team.net'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Frame for 51 Chevy Panel
From: Joel Carey <jcarey54@home.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 08:41:57 -0500
I just purchased a 1951 Chevy Panel a few months ago. The guy I purchased
the truck from really messed up the frame when he added or should I say
tried to add a 1968 Camaro front clip and rear-end. I was wondering what
the original wheelbase (length and width) is supposed to be and what type
of frame to use. I've been told everything from a Chevy S10 longbed frame
with a V8 rearend to an El Camino frame to a full size Chevy shortbed
frame. As it is right now the front tires are 61-1/2" center to center and
the length is 117" center wheel to center wheel. It looks like the front
suspension is to wide and the rearend looks like it is set about 1" back
from the center of the wheel-well. Which frame would come closest to what I
want need.

Thank You,
Joel Carey