[oletrucks] Busted 3 spd.

Subject: [oletrucks] Busted 3 spd.
From: "A.B." <bigfred@unm.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 16:31:26 -0600 (MDT)
Hi all,
I've got the 3 on the tree without torque tube in my '53
I'm planning on switching the motor/tranny out soon, but for now I'd like
to be able to actually *use* my truck. Unfortunatly, my tranny will not go
into 3rd.  I'm planning on taking it out and opening it up to have a look
at what's wrong.  Are parts available for these things? Are replacements
hard to find? Are there other options that are like an afternoon install?
Thanks for the help guys.
-alfie