Re: [oletrucks] Winter Storage

To: kurtzt@purdue.edu
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Winter Storage
From: john j tonyes <flfox1@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 22:40:29 -0400
First of all put anit freeze in and run it for approx 10 minutes..  Then
take the battery out.     Let it sit  and come spring, replace the
batter, pull the choke out, turn it over approx 5 or 6 times and it
should start.  You don't  neat to drain gas , drain oil or anything else.
 I have no idea where you live, but this will work in sub 0 weather.  I
know from expeience and I was originally from the cold country.

John T.
On Sun, 30 Sep 2001 18:22:17 -0500 "Tom Kurtz" <kurtzt@purdue.edu>
writes:
> Its getting closer to that time again.  I was wondering if someone
> could
> send me some do's/don'ts for winter storage of a classic vehicle.
> Thanks.
>
> Tom
> kurtzt@purdue.edu
> http://shay.ecn.purdue.edu/~kurtzt