[oletrucks] rear end upgrade

To: "oletruck" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] rear end upgrade
From: "steven stuckmeyer" <slstu@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 20:22:36 -0500
I have a 51 chevy 3100, It has a '56 235 and 3 speed in it so I think the rear
is a '56 as well. I am going to put in a mustang II IFS up front and want to
put in a newer (lower geared) rear end out back. I'm also putting in a 350
V8/auto trans and thinking about a 4 point rear set up. Would the rear axle
there now work well with lower gears and do you know if can be set up with new
gears and posi? If not what would be a good rear end that will fit?
Steve
slstu@msn.com
St Peters, MO