Re: [oletrucks] Outside sunvisor underside color

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Outside sunvisor underside color
From: TOUCANMAN@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 09:22:14 EDT
In a message dated 10/5/01 5:34:51 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
billb1@mindspring.com writes:

<< 'm going to be putting the NOS outside sunvisor on the truck next week and
 >have noticed in pictures and on the few Chevy truck's I've seen that have
the
 >visor that some are painted the same color of the truck topside and
underside
 >while others look flat black. The fellow helping me said that it should be
 flat
 >green, but I wonder if there is an official color, the Chevy resto guide
 >doesn't show.

hi folks, in my travels, most of  the nos(fulton) visors i have seen were the
flat green primer color. this was to keep the aluminum (yes there made of
aluminum) from corroding and so you don't get a sun glare from the bottom of
the visor. somewhere i remember reading in the original directions not to
paint the bottom for this reason. but there were a few different
manufacturers of visors. i have not seen an original GM NOS visor to verify
what color they were painted originaly....what make of visor are you talking
about?.....steve
53 gmc with a fulton visor