Re: [oletrucks] 53-Fuel system problems

To: "John Eisenbacher" <eisenbacher_john@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 53-Fuel system problems
From: "dpewter" <dpewter@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 10:59:15 -0500
I & many others on the list have experienced the same problem & usually it
is the coffee stuff that you see.  You need to clean the tank thoroughly (I
had 2 measuring cups of rust inside of mine), coat/line the tank with a gas
tank sealer (optional, but well worth the investment), replace the fuel line
from the tank to the carb, change your filter & clean your carb real good
(if what's stopping it now is "coffee" lodged in a jet or passage way) & you
won't have a related problem for a long time (hopefully, another 49 years,
or so).

Regards,
Doug Pewterbaugh
dpewter@msn.com