Re: [oletrucks] idea ....

To: "Ben Bennett" <greyhawk200@att.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] idea ....
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 17:05:29 -0700
Do it Ben!

First take a measurement of the crossmember angle front to back "anti dive"
with the jag at normal ride height.  You'll have to duplicate this angle
when it's installed in the truck.

Just like with the torsion bar install on the AD's you probably have to make
the bottom of the frame level and make up some tubing that will take up the
kick up in the original frame so it's level  for the the Jag suspension to
bolt on.

Measure and mark the frame for the axle centerline and mark the centerline
of the Jag suspension.  Line the two centerlines up, make sure you have the
crossmember at the desired angle and bolt it in.

Order up a Borgeson u-joint to connect the rack and pinion to the newer
column, route some new brake line to a disc/drum mastercylinder and take the
truck to get an alignment.

Joe
The Resto Rod Shop