RE: [oletrucks] Magpie's Song

To: "Jhouse" <jhouse@ccsol.com>, "'Mark J Bradakis'"
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Magpie's Song
From: Wayne Osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 12:30:21 -0400
To all::
I dont' think that he is a list member, I think he is the grand pubba of
all the mailing list on auto.team.net. I think he runs the server and
associated equipment from his house. I've seen marks (mjb) on alot of
emails regarding the moving of the lists mail system a few times. But I'm
sure our entire list would appreciate an okee dokeey from Miq that this is
a for real genuine reqest by mark. Miq, can you please confirm this for us
.. It cost lots of money to operate a server from your house, not to
mention maintenance and upkeep. Keeping spare equipment, backup tape
drives(ever priced a DLT tape backup system-not to mention tapes) and the
such, we all have seen very minor outages--imagine if it went down for a
week and he no monies to replace the motherboard or whatever in his server.
Triple the price of your best PC and that's what it'll cost to get a great
server. . I know what he means about the monies, it cost me monies on a
monthly basis for the http://www.chevytrucks.org web site. I've never ask
for contributions and never ever will. I do offer hosting services for a
very very small nominal fee,
as i've had to purchase additional bandwidth and extra disk space.. Don't
fear--I do this as " my part" for servicing the ole truck internet
community--cuz I just want to. When Ted put the domain up--hell i had to
have it as I've seen the list grow from 60 members to well over 900
now--chevytrucks.org was developed from the need for a centralized location
for all list members, and the mail servers have virtually been flawless.
I'm assured but give peace to the rest of the list--Miq would you mind
confirming that Mark is one of, just as you, da man behind the scenes.
I'm in cuz i know how he feels..   --wayne

At 11:24 AM 10/11/01 -0400, Jhouse wrote:
>Who was the list member?
>
>Thanks,
>Jim House (NHJim)

Wayne Osborne