[oletrucks] NEW: VIN QUESTION

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] NEW: VIN QUESTION
From: ajp1 <ajp1@humboldt.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 09:56:20 -0700
Hello folks.

I went to look at a '56 3100 that is a basket case.  I wrote numbers down off
of the frame (left rail by the steering box) and the cab (the VIN).  The
numbers do not match:

FRAME:  2550019697
CAB:    V3A560008856

Is it normal that the numbers would not match?  I ran the cab number and it
came back as I expected; 1956 3100.  However, the frame yielded different
results from the VIN decoder: 1955 3600.  The frame is a short frame (measured
114") and I could find no sign that the frame had been altered.  The front and
rear ends appear to be identical to my '56 3200.

Also, on the task force trucks, does the VIN exist anywhere else?

Any assistance is appreciated.

Drew
'56 3200