[oletrucks] Re: fuel pump

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: fuel pump
From: "B. Ole Flaade" <barney_flaade@telus.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 21:30:45 -0700
Years ago I bought a fuel pump for my 52.  I discovered after some trouble that
a plate was pop-riveted to the plunger that had to be removed.  The plate was
the same on the fuel pump for my friends 64 (235 CID)  The plate was obviously
to make the plunger larger then the size used on the 216. It was a matter of
grinding the heads off the rivets.  Perhaps this was an old way of providing a
universal fit for what was comon truck engines.
---