Re: [oletrucks] Heater

To: "Ronald I. Givens" <givens@hal-pc.org>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Heater
From: "Gary L. Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 02:19:22 -0500
Don't know what your asking for? Is fan motor turninng right direction and
blade on right way? There is no other part than the housing to direct air.
Air must have way in too, either from outside on "fresh-aire" type or in
from cab on reg or aftermarket heaters. All the fins have to be open and not
clogged with dirt, mouse nests, wasps nests or whatever. If it hasn't been
used in several years, remove it and clean it out, may have mouse nests in
it. Are you sure water is going thru it correctly and not just "creeping"
thru it? It may be plugged from inside the core. A hotter thermostat will
raise the temps also. Try a 180 and not the 160 it calls for.
G. L. Perry
Huntington, IN 46750
AD COE's in process
GMC Tilt -cab flatbed