[oletrucks] basic question

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] basic question
From: "Bruce Marshall" <k1aj@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 11:19:37 -0500
I have just completed the install of a 'new' Chevy 216 engine in my '51
Chevy 1/2 ton p/u.

Yesterday afternoon we cranked it over for the first time after hooking up
the battery.  The engine turns (it turned by hand when we had it on the
engine stand) but we have no spark at the plugs.  We get spark at the points
and at the coil output although the spark from the coil looks rather weak.
Rotor is installed (didn't forget that) and the cap is good I think.  The
plug wires "look" OK but should I install a new set?

The engine turns pretty slowly and we suspect the battery might be NG even
though it was new 4 years ago and has been on one of those battery tender
devices.

Bruce Marshall
Boston, MA