Re: [oletrucks] Which carb do I have?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Which carb do I have?
From: Bruce Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 15:36:54 -0600
As I understand it, in 57, Zeniths were used on the 6's in cab over
engines.  The rest of the 6's (and the V8's for that matter ) used
Rochester carbs.

Zenith carbs are updraft carbs, the air comes in the lower side and
the air/fuel mix comes out the top.  I know them well, my F*** 8N
tractor has one.

They work fine except in the winter when the gas doesn't vaporize
and there isn't enough draft to pull droplets of gas up into the
engine.  A pan of hot water poured over the carb to heat up the gas
inside helps a lot.

Bruce Kettunen
57 3200