[oletrucks] Re: fuel filler on bed

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: fuel filler on bed
From: J Forbes <jforbes2@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 20:15:32 -0700
> Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 17:56:58 -0800
> From: "Bill Putren" <billputren@hotmail.com>
> Subject: [none]
>
> Anybody with any ideas on where to locate a 25-40 gallon fuel tank filler?   I
> have a 57 longbed, and the tank is in the bed now with a tool box over it.  I
> would like to mount it under the bed, but I am not sure where I would like the
> filler to go.  Hopefully not too obvious, or in the way.  Tx.

You might try the tank and filler from a 73-86 Blazer or Suburban.  The
suburban tanks are rather large...the blazer will fit at the back of a
short bed TF truck.

The filler can be made to fit into the fender, it looks ok there.  I
think early fillers did not use a door, and later ones did, the cutoff
being in the late 70s.

Jim F
59s in AZ