[oletrucks] Nice Pictures

To: "Old Pickup Truck List" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Nice Pictures
From: "Strol Enterprises" <strol@mgge-inc.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 13:19:30 -0500
Nice to hear from you..    This is my first time also..  When your ready to
rip into your project, I'll make one suggestion which you may already know.
Get around 10 - 3Lb. coffee cans with the plastic lids for nuts & bolts etc.
Zip Lock Bags for real little stuff and a magic marker..  Be real careful
about putting all the parts from each section of your truck in the right can
and MARK IT...  (EXAMPLE) One can is marked CAB and every single N&B, screw,
washer, clip is in it in groups in plastic bags marked Head liner, dash,
seat etc.   It sounds obvious but if you don't , they all start looking the
same real fast.  In a year down the line when it's time to put it back
together, you'll hate yourself if you don't..

The reason I mentioned it is, a good friend of mine did it the usual way and
all the parts went in one big bucket... and has a mess on his hands trying
to remember where everything should go and has improvised and it looks like
a butcher job..

One other thing...   Use a camera or PC Camera and take a picture of every
single disassembly detail... Make a directory on your PC called (Chevy53) or
what ever you like...  and inside of the dir. make sub directories labeled
the same as the coffee cans and place the photos in those directories..
They don't take up much space, fun to show your friends how you work, and
better than a manual when you try to re assemble your sections of the
truck/car...  Also, I have already found it to be the best source to pass on
to others in the know on how to modify your existing situation to improve
it...

You may have already known all the above, but I am new to this and I need to
use every trick I could come up with to make life simple..

John Patrick Miller
Angola, New York
1953 Chevy Pickup 3100
strol@mgge-inc.com