RE: [oletrucks] wheel striping stock1946

To: <Advdesign1@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] wheel striping stock1946
From: "Jhouse" <jhouse@ccsol.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 09:21:26 -0500
Bob,
I have a few rims that are painted that way.  Most of the ones I have are
repainted.  One came on the truck and another I picked up at a swap meet
that are painted as you describe.  However, these could be auto rims that I
have?

In a reprinted advertisement poster I have for Chevy Trucks For 46 - shows
the 3104 and 3804 with what looks like a stripe.  Since this is not great
detail also the rest of the trucks have the rims painted solid.  I also have
a 1945 magazine advertisement for the 1/2 ton and its rims look to be
painted and striped.  This is a cool ad - the leaves are off the trees and
the truck is all green and the rims are all red (no striping).  I think it
must have been close to Christmas and the war must have just ended.  Also
the front grill and bumper are painted cream white.  The belt is cream white
and has a red pinstripe.

I know this was not an answer just more info......

NHJim