[oletrucks] Intermittent Overheating problem

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Intermittent Overheating problem
From: "Don Fish" <bluecrow8@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 11:44:34 -0500
Hi Guys,

My '54 3100 has the original 235.  It runs well, but will sometimes overheat
very quickly, (less than 10 miles) for a period of a few weeks, and then run
cool again.  It seems like there is no coolant flow during the overheating
periods.

-There is no thermostat
-The lower radiator hose is not constricting, blocking water flow.

I am guessing that there is a foreign object "floating" around in the
cooling channels of the engine or in the water pump.  Where is the most
likely place for such a clog? or have you other ideas about the problem?

The water pump cover appears to closed with regular flat head screws.  I
think I'd have to remove the front grill to get to it.

Thanks, Don
'54 3100 in NY