Re: [oletrucks] 53 Chevy Windshield Wipers

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 53 Chevy Windshield Wipers
From: NSurles@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 21:08:46 EST
John,

I did the same thing on my 55 2nd.  I took the vacuum motor down and
basically cleaned it up.  It had a lot of hardened grease.  I put some white
grease back in it and a few shots of WD-40.  Replaced the vacuum hoses and
got a decent wipe after that.  It would not do too much on an uphill climb,
but I could just let up on the gas for a second or two for it to wipe once,
then go again.  Electric is the way to go!

During this time I tried that stuff that is supposed to help keep water and
bugs from sticking.  Can't remember the name right this minute (gray hair
syndrome?) but it's in a yellow bottle.  It actually worked so well I drove
several miles in a hard rain after my wiper went sailing off in rush hour
traffic.

Hope this helps,

Sonny