Re: [oletrucks] Leaf Spring Bushings

To: "'Chevy Trucks'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Leaf Spring Bushings
From: "Stephen" <slb1@humboldt1.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 09:22:36 -0800
Hi Paul,

I made a bushing pusher with a long bolt that just fits through the bushing,
some washers, a nut and some short sections of galvanized pipe.  You need
one piece of pipe big enough for the bushing to pass into as it comes out,
another piece of pipe that pushes the bushing but passes through the eye.  I
think I used a 1" piece and a 3/4" piece.  Put a large washer on the bolt
then the large pipe section, then run the bolt through the bushing, put on
the small piece of pipe, then washer and nut.  Tighten the nut and it will
push the bushing out.  I used the same little kit to install the new
bushings.  I did put the new bushings in the freezer for a couple of hours
and they went it very easily.

Hope it works for you.

Stephen
'58 Fleetside