Re: [oletrucks] Brake question

To: "A.B." <bigfred@unm.edu>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Brake question
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 15:04:45 -0800
Oh it's pretty important !!  See, the residual pressure valve keeps pressure
on the wheel cylinders to keep the shoes close to the drums so you won't
have to press the pedal down a long ways for the fluid to take up the slack.
The pressure valve also helps the brake fluid from sucking in air into the
lines for the lack of pressure on the wheel cylinders.   See, if theirs no
residual pressure on the wheel cylinders then the springs are stronger than
the fluid in the line and they will force the pistons into the wheel
cylinders and air along with it.  It might be worth it to install a 10 lb.
RPV in the front line until you make the switch to front disc.

Joe