[oletrucks] rough day

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] rough day
From: Truck Guy <chevy620@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 16:27:07 -0500
Well today while I was moving logs with the old truck, apparently the
throwout bearing went.  I decided it would be best to carefully drive the
truck back to my yard until I could work on it.  As I pulled into the
yard the rear driver's side wheel fell completely off.  You can imagine
the tremendous thud as the truck with probably close to 3000 pounds in
the bed hit the ground.  My truck has no problem with heavy loads, I've
got 10 leaves in each of the back springs.  After closer examination I
found that the Ford rims I recently put on the back had wider holes for
the wheel studs, and the regular Chevy lug nuts had worn completely
through these bigger holes.  They held tight when I put them on but
apparently you need to use wider lug nuts if you use ford rims.
Something to think about.  I'm only thankful it fell off while the truck
was in granny gear back on the farm and not in 4th on the highway.

Nate

1959 Chevy Apache 3600

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!