Re: [oletrucks] Chassis paint

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Chassis paint
From: "Bobby D Keeland" <bob_keeland@usgs.gov>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 09:57:13 -0600
Jim,

Thanks for the info.  I think that POR-15 will be fine for my truck.  Can
you apply that with either brush or spray?  Is there a POR-15 primer or is
primer not needed?

BobK
51 3600 5-window
Arnaudville, LA

                    dcvjrv@covad.

                    net                  To:     "Bobby D Keeland"
<bob_keeland@usgs.gov>,
                                         oletrucks@autox.team.net

                    12/06/01             cc:

                    07:12 PM             Subject:     Re: [oletrucks] Chassis
paint

Bob,

I was going to have the frame on the truck powder coated but I didn't want
to spend the $450 they were going to charge.  Powder Cote II was the name
of the company that was going to do the powder coating for me.  They are
not a small company.I did use POR-15 and as I recall, it didn't take but a
quart to do the frame.  I also did the axles, springs, drums, etc....

Hope this helps.

Jim V.
1958 GMC Suburban Carrier Pickup (Cameo style) - V8 Hydramatic
http://www.angelfire.lycos.com/mi2/jrvvehicles
dcvjrv@covad.net